Thursday, February 21, 2008

risks

someone I love recently asked me if i am someone who takes risks, or who will start taking risks. I wasnt sure at the time, but now i've realized, the answer is yes

and i think a lot of it comes from moving so much, different cities, states, houses, and schools, having to be brave, start over, meet new people, make new friends, over and over, my entire life thus far.
Until college, it was out of my control, due to my Dad's job transfers, but post college, it has been due to my choice to travel and live in cities I have always wanted to live in, follow my dreams, achieve my goals, etc.


And now I am leaving the comfort and stability of my friends and family in CA, to move 3000 miles to NY, by myself, without a job or apt, and doing everything on my own, with my goal and dream to live in Manhattan, and support myself 100%

that is a risk

and this quote motivates me to always take risks:

Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnt' do than the ones that you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
~Mark Twain