Thursday, May 12, 2016

truly living

Living in the moment is a fairly new concept to me. Thanks to my husband who taught me how to do that, it is the best life lesson I have learned. I was always used to living in the future - what is the next thing to do, the next plan, and found it hard to focus on the moment - on this moment. Then when you learn to live in the moment, you also need to learn how to truly live. I am doing something I enjoy, but am I in that moment? I want to take a photo - my mind is there. I remember seeing my toes in the sand, I remember taking a picture, and looking up to see the sunset - but do I remember how it felt? Did I feel the grains of sand in between my toes? Did I feel the warmth of the sun on my face? Do I remember it or just see a photo of it - and then remember it? A memory should be photographed in my mind and felt in my heart. Am I living in the moment for just that moment, or am I truly living? I want to truly live in each and every moment - and catch myself feeling and knowing - I will remember this moment for the rest of my life. There are only a few of those - so treasure each and every one - and feel it in your heart and soul. Truly live.