Monday, January 9, 2017

CT day trip - deja vu

Exactly a year ago in Jan 2016, we took a day trip to CT, ate at my absolutely favorite restaurant The Foundry Tavern in Sandy Hook, CT, with amazing ambience, wooden tavern like feel, live acoustic guitar music singer, and the most fresh, amazing, tasty, different food: the best chopped salad, vegan thai samosas, and stuffed peanut butter french toast - DELICIOUS! I also found my now favorite tea in the world (Harney & Sons Paris black tea) here as I had it for the first time last year and then bought a box myself online, and we took pics along a semi-frozen stream/river, surrounded by trees, rocks, and mountains of snow. We went back there this past weekend, and in addition to repeating this same outing & menu, we also drove to Walnut Beach in Milford, covered in snow, except near the water, where the ducks were swimming, and sun was setting on the horizon - what a gorgeous - albeit very cold - day :-)