Saturday, October 27, 2007

Halloween party & deer on the highway

So last night, we were driving back from our friend's Halloween party at his apt in Emeryville. Three of my friends and I dressed up as the four Zodiac elements - we each represented our own sign's element, so I was water as I am a Pisces. On the way home, I was driving on highway 280 with two of my friends in the car. It was about 5am. At one point, I put the highbeams on because the highway was really dark and there were no other cars on the road. All of a sudden, I saw something up ahead, partly in our lane. It was a deer! I swerved around it, into the other lane. Half an hour later, I was still in shock and thanking God that I was awake and alert enough to swerve around the deer, chillin halfway in our lane on the highway at 5am! We were near woods so probably why the deer was there, but not sure why it was crossing the highway. All I know is that our car would have been totaled, and I don't know what condition the three of us would have been in. I know other people who have hit deer before and their car was totaled. And I am not sure if they were driving the 80mph that I was driving.
I am SO thankful that I am alive! And that our car is in one piece too!!! Phew!!!