Tuesday, November 27, 2007

thoughts on being active & playing sports

In the upcoming weeks, I'm starting rock climbing at an indoor gym (at least more often than the one time I did it), go bowling (possibly on a weekly basis as my BFF wants to start a bowling club! How fun!), ice skating (more so during the Xmas holidays, but anytime is always good! I started when I took lessons in Boston when I was 3 or 4 years old), and then snowboarding for New Years in Tahoe! (that will be the second time attempting that after doing it with my dearest friend in Ohio two years ago ;-)
I'm also buying a punching bag, trampoline, and jump rope. This is so fun! I love doing new things to stay & be active, and love trying, playing, & experiencing new sports, preferably playing, but also watching as well :-) Football and hockey are my favorites to watch on TV but I love live sports games even more. And then to play, I alternate on a pretty regular basis between machines at the gym, swimming, and running in the gym or outdoors. I LOVE trying new sports, especially outdoors, so that is why I am really excited about going bowling, ice skating, rock climbing, and snowboarding in the next few weeks, even though I've done them all before. So for other sports I haven't tried before, I'm ready to try new ones! So bring it on!