Thursday, September 24, 2009

a pretty pic to share :-)

Hiiieee y'all,

While I was looking up directions to my Gmat exam testing center, I had to google a few different subway train lines to find out which ones were local and which were express (since I was taking the B or D train for the first time and didn’t know specifics of their routes) and while reading about the D train, I came across a very pretty picture, of the train going above ground (which only some subway trains do as most are underground completely, or part underground and part above ground, like this one). And the train picture is taken above ground while it’s winter in NY, and it’s such a beautiful picture, with the snow on the tracks and all around, and the winter trees visible behind the train. It reminds me of childhood memories, as I remember the snow in Boston or when we would go visit family and family friends on the east coast, this picture reminds me of a scene from a movie, which would have a voice over about remembering people, places and memories, and a very comforting feel of winter, snow, memories, as this train glides through the snow all around, during a winter in NY. Really beautiful and triggers memories in my mind and feelings and emotions in my heart :-) This could be in the early morning or in the early evening, as it gets dark earlier in winter. The lights are on, guiding the train.

Winter, and especially snow, reminds me of Christmas, family, friends, loved ones, being cozy, cuddly, hot chocolate, family dinners, hugs, Christmas trees, decorations, scent of winter which is something like burning wood, gathering around the fireplace, stockings, candycanes, snowmen and snowwomen, snowball fights, laughing, running, playing, warm coats, sweatshirts, big boots, gloves, mittens, hats, beanies, scarves, earmuffs, snowshovels, childhood memories, growing up, traditions, and so many more beautiful things :-)

Reminds me of traveling and being with loved ones, most of all :-)

Wanted to share this with you!
<3