Saturday, July 2, 2016

City Walk - this is my NYC

Come on, take a walk with me, and let me show you - my city :-)

In the movie "The Lake House", the two main characters, who are in love, communicate via letters - but over two different time periods in life. They are separated by time, but live in the same city. The man is an architect and the woman is a doctor. At one point, the architect takes the doctor on a tour of their city – Chicago – via a map he leaves in her mailbox, when he was there during another era. She follows the map, to all of these amazing places in the city of Chicago – his favorite places that he shares with her – buildings, restaurants, unique architecture – and at the end, she sees a note on a wall saying that he was with her during the walk and they saw their city together. (Movie clip is embedded below)

It is one of my favorite scenes and moments from any film, that you can be connected over time, and that love has no boundaries - not even distance or different eras.

I took a day off from work and did a city walk of my own, in my favorite city of NYC, going around to my favorite places in Manhattan, with a map and list I made, headphones in my ears, listening to a self made city walk playlist. Mohit started the city walk journey with me on the train, and as he went to work, I shared my walk with him in spirit, and ended my walk in front of his work building, waving at each other through the window, and then he came down and we went home together. Just like our lives – the journey of life – we start together and end together – in this life journey of marriage and best friendship – we walk on this life’s journey together.

Many think NYC is a crowded, busy city, filled with people working and running around, and lots of tall buildings. You would be amazed at the amount of nature within the city and surrounding it as well! (Also experienced during my city walk but not listed on my map: South Ferry, Financial District, Construction of the 2nd World Trade tower, Chrysler Building, Rockafellar Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Happy smiling faces of tourists and New Yorkers including children and doggies :-) )

Enjoy :-)




City walk map & playlist






My City Walk of NYC:
https://vimeo.com/173198278


City Walk: This is my NYC from Anisha & Mohit Choudhary on Vimeo.